The Human Resource Generalist provides functional and technical expertise in analyzing, designing, implementing and maintaining HR systems, solutions, processes in support of company requirements. Utilizes knowledge and experience with a variety of human resource, benefits, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), compensation, and employee relations practices and procedures to identify new needs and create solutions to resolve identified needs. Duties include:
- Maintains knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee, and employee development.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
- Administration of benefits and compensation programs and other HR recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Develops and/or implements recruitment and retention programs.
- Supports the recruiting of personnel, including advertising and sourcing.
- Manages the new hire process from requisition to payroll and benefits administration.
- Assists in the design of training initiatives for delivery to employee populations.
- Designs and manages the ongoing assimilation of company policies, programs and culture.
- Develops, interprets, and enforces policies and employee handbook provisions.
- Other items as related to HR.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including knowledge of Excel, and skills in HRIS.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
|Job Category||HR Generalist|