Responsible for supporting pharmacy services by stocking, assembling, coordinating and dispensing medications. Duties include:
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Adhering to FQHC compliance requirement by checking patient’s eligibility for 340B drugs.
- Checking Medicaid patients and collecting the required information and co-pay.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Supply Management, Organization, Integrity, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Quality Focus, Supply Management, Analyzing Information , Informing Others
High School Diploma or equivalent GED. Completion of formal education program which meets requirements for certification. Licensed by the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy. Completion of the national certification exam (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board).
|Job Category||Pharmacy Technician|