From the beginning of 2018, Medicare made positive changes to its Chronic Care Management (CCM) Program that enable FQHCs to offer improved healthcare for patients with chronic illness by expanding CCM services and taking advantage of new reimbursement codes.
What are the key changes?
- Time-consuming administrative requirements have been reduced
- Direct supervision requirements have been relaxed
- FQHCs can now bill for complex CCM, General Behavioral Health Integration (BHI)and Psychiatric Collaborative Care Model (CoCM) services
- CCM and BHI reimbursements have increased (average of $62 in 2018 vs $42 in 2017 per patient per month)
- New billing codes that can be used alone or with other payable services